Antenna six to two switch with dummy loads on ports by OK2ZAW
- Six outputs to two inputs.
- Frequency range DC-30 MHz
- Designed to work with Triplexers. Have a look at nice ones at Pavel VA6AM's web!
- Characteristic impedance 50 Ohm
- Not connected ports are loaded with 50 ohm
- Dummy loads - 50 Ohm / 5W with high power protection!
- Dummy loads protected against power over 5W (3 minutes CW) and up to 300W!
- High isolation between A nd B ports, better then 87dB (10m) - no port selected.
- High isolation - better then 80dB (10m), 96dB (20m) - A-4 and B-2.
- High isolation - better then 71dB (10m), 78dB (20m) - A-1 and B-2 (neighboring).
- Insertion loss better then 0.05dB (10m), 0.02dB (20m) .
- Power rating DC to 30 MHz
- 2 kW continue wave
- 4 kW (SWR < 1:1.6) (tested with OM-4000)
- High quality PCB thickness 2 mm
- Two relay version, 12 or 5 Volt
- Connectors PL-259 female with gold plated. Different connectors on requested.
- Power consumption < 4W.
- Without DC power the antenna ports are loadeded with 50 Ohm / 5W.
- Hazardous states are excluded with additional FIFO interlock board.
- Aluminium shield enclosure.
- Aluminium mounting holder with bracket.
- Size 222 x 145 x 75 mm
- Weight 2 kg
- TRX A output power 1kW = 60dBm
- isolation to port B is 80dB -> 60dBm - 80dB = -20dBm
- ~ 10uW at TRX port B
Do NOT forget to:
- Your antennas isolation!
- The safe power isolation is not only about the switch isolation!
- Never switch relay during TX!
- SO2R Numbers and Setup by Pavel VA6AM !
The measured values
VSWR TRX A to port 1
SWR of dummy load on NC port
Insert loss TRX A to 6
Isolation between A to B, NC ports
Isolation between A-4 and B-2
Isolation between A-1 and B-2
|6 to 2 Antenna switch|
|main version 5.0-R||pcb||sch||eagle307|
|interlock (FiFo) version 3||pcb||sch||eagle1604|
We believe open source is a better way of doing things.
View and download the Shield Schematic and PCB Kicad/Eagle CAD files,
LibreCAD .DXF, or Inkscape .SVG files.
The hardware designs are released under the
Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic
Third party software
by Larry K8UT, WEB page here
FreqEZ is a Do-It-Yourself hardware/software project that provides highly configurable Band Decoding and Remote Antenna Selection. For amateurs who use N1MM+ and DXLab logging software, FreqEZ will leverage those programs TCP/UDP broadcasts for antenna switching. For other amateurs, FreqEZ can connect to the BCD band outputs available from most transceivers. The FreqEZ software and is freely available to all hams, and consists of a pair of programs that run on the Windows and Raspberry Pi Raspbian operating systems. Watch a short (5 minutes) FreqEZ Overview video HERE