The K9AY is terminated loop. It consists of a wire loop of any convenient shape (diamond, delta, etc), hung from a single support and with a ground rod at the bottom. A 9:1 impedance-matching transformer is connected from one end of the loop to the ground and terminating resistor is connected the other end of the loop to the ground. This antenna is directional. Favoring signals are arriving from the feed point end. You can also change the antenna far field by changing RLOAD (RTERM) of the loop.
- RX antenna
- 4 directions
- Needs small room
- Great for portable operations
- 50/75 ohm feed line version
- Good for phasing more pieces into the array
- Two versions
- Variable load resistor - RLOAD
- Fixed load resistor - RLOAD
- ONLY FEEDER! WITHOUT CONTROLLER!
- Common-mode coax choke icluded.
- Common-mode controller cable choke icluded.
- High voltage electrostatic protection with neon lamps.
- High power IN/OUT protection with PTC.
- Controlled by coax feed line (twin line for Rload).
- Stainless connections screws.
- Quality PTFE SO-239 connector.
- IP56 box.
- Size 10x10 cm (feeder).
- Available as
- KIT - all parts + PCB + box
|Manual in WiKi||WiKi|
We believe open source is a better way of doing things.
View and download the Shield Schematic and PCB Eagle CAD files.
The hardware designs are released under the
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Users implementation photos