Classic single wire beverage antenna by OK2ZAW
The beverage is a long wire antenna installed very close to the ground. The antenna should be longer than 1 wavelength and installed at a height of less than 0,05 wavelength above ground. The beverage is usually terminated in a resistance at the end (opposite the feedpoint).
Beverage antennas provide one of the least expensive and most reliable ways to improve DX capabilities on the low frequencies.
- RX antenna
Broadband Single directional Low noise Classic or BOGmore info in WiKi Protections- high voltage / current Termination resistaceselectable in three steps 50/75 ohmfeed line - easy jumper switch Common-mode coax chokeincluded
- Electrostatic protection with glim lamps.
- High power protection.
- Stainless screws.
- Quality PTFE SO-239 or F connector or N connector on request.
- IP56 box. Recommended to protect it against standing water and snow.
- Size 10x10 cm (feeder), 5x6 cm (terminator).
- Available as
- Beverage On Ground or classic with wire in the air
- KIT : all parts + PCB + box
- Assembled : ready to use
- Assembled +
insulators for beverage wire (2 + 11)- picture
- PCB : feeder + terminator
Option - Common-mode current choke to hams hack:
Link to CMCC
CMCC 1 to 3 port
Schematic and measurement:
We believe open source is a better way of doing things.
View and download the Shield Schematic and PCB Eagle CAD files.
The hardware designs are released under the
Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic