This design is obsolete - next version here.
Remote manual IP switch, based on Arduino
Intuitive remote control switching contains of two devices - controller and relay box - communicate via ethernet.
Suitably for realtime remote devices control, such as receiving antennas, power on/off for any devices, PTT, ...
- Delay 23 ms (19ms device + 4ms relay) + your internet latency.
- 16 inputs:
- 11 positions rotary switch,
- 4 independent on/off switches with LED indication,
- 1 press button.
- 16 relay outputs:
- 0,5A/125VAC, 1A/24VDC,
- each output is signalised by own LED,
- 1-11 with common line input.
- TCP232 ethernet module configurable over network with windows software.
- Settings in arduino source code.
- Very low TCP bandwidth, only several units of bytes per second.
- 1 to 11 outputs are protected as single out (antenna switching).
- Network latency (delay) is indicated by LINKED LED. Latency is the same as LED off time.
- Relay parking to define output (default 11), after network unavailable with preset delay. Typically used for grounded TRX input.
- One control box is able to control up to eleven relay boards - CFG button reconfigure chip and redirect network (more in firmware configuration).
- Open Arduino platform allows you to customize firmware.
- 5V power voltage from USB mini plug.
- Size: control 12x6x9cm, relay 22x3x7cm.
- Weight: control 210g, relay 270g.
Latency (19 ms) without ethernet switch
and relay delay
One control box switched between seven remote relay boxes (maximum eleven):
|rev 0.5||sch||PCB 1||Control [4,5MB]||kicad498|
|PCB 2||Relay [8,5MB]|
|USB cable holder||.SCAD567||3D preview||.STL [190 kB]589|
|by OK1HRA||rev 0.1353||rev 0.2 NEW400||wiki|
|Ethernet configure utility||TCP232-T24491||maker|
We believe open source is a better way of doing things.
View and download the Shield Schematic and PCB Kicad/Eagle CAD files,
LibreCAD .DXF, or Inkscape .SVG files.
The hardware designs are released under the
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License