K9AY loop feeder with BPFs and preamp
The K9AY is terminated loop. It consists of a wire loop of any convenient shape (diamond, delta, etc), hung from a single support and with a ground rod at the bottom. A 9:1 impedance-matching transformer is connected from one end of the loop to the ground and terminating resistor is connected the other end of the loop to the ground. This antenna is directional. Favoring signals are arriving from the feed point end. You can also change the antenna far field by changing RLOAD (RTERM) of the loop.
- ONLY FEEDER! WITHOUT CONTROLLER!
- RX antenna
- 4 directions
- Needs small room
- Great for portable operations
- 50/75 ohm feed line version
- Good for phasing more pieces into the array
- PREAMP with about 15db gain
- Three switchable BPFs or BYPASS
- Two versions
- Variable load resistor - RLOAD
- Fixed load resistor - RLOAD
- Common-mode coax choke icluded.
- Common-mode controller cable choke icluded.
- High voltage electrostatic protection with neon lamps.
- High power IN/OUT protection with PTC.
- Controlled by RJ-45 UTP CAT-6 cable.
- Stainless connections screws.
- Quality PTFE SO-239 connector. N or F connector on request
- IP56 box.
- Size 10x10 cm (feeder).
- Available as
- Assembled product
- Assembled product with CONTROLLER
Band Pass Filters characteristic:
Band Pass Filters characteristic with preamplifier:
160m BPF with preamp
80m BPF with preamp
40m BPF with preamp
BYPASS with preamp
|Manual in WiKi||WiKi|
We believe open source is a better way of doing things.
View and download the Shield Schematic and PCB Kicad/Eagle CAD files,
LibreCAD .DXF, or Inkscape .SVG files.
The hardware designs are released under the
Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic